Well it was a fun week last week welcoming everyone back to school! Students are now in their classes and programing is moving forward. Teachers have expressed how wonderful it is to be getting to know their students and are very excited for the new year ahead. I must also say how joyful it has been for me to meet you and your children and be so welcomed into the school community. I know I have a lot of work ahead with learning names, but I am getting there! Thank you for your support in such a positive start to the year!
So, a few things to know at this time of year –
- Absences – If your child is going to be absent, please make sure our office is aware. Best to use our online webform: https://southnelson.sd8.bc.ca/absence-late/southnelson
- School fees – $40 covers all expenses for your child’s school supplies. This can be paid cash, cheque, or debit in our office. Alternately (and more conveniently!) you can pay online here: https://southnelson.sd8.bc.ca/pay
- Check the website frequently, as we will work to keep it up to date with the most current information. The calendar and announcements pages to be helpful. Weekly emails will also include links to the Principal blog.
- Communication – Your first point of contact is your teacher. They would have emailed you information for what is the best way to contact you. Many of our teachers use Class Dojo, so please join the app so you can see what the class has been up to and communicate with your teacher quickly.
- Come join us for the first PAC meeting of the 2023-2024 school year! This Wednesday, Sept. 13th at 6:30-8:00 pm in the library. Child care will be provided.
That is all for now. Have a wonderful week!
Dawn Snell | Principal
South Nelson Elementary School